Individuals who are dependent on, abusing or addicted to alcohol, amphetamines, barbiturates, cocaine, narcotics, tranquilizers, prescription medications or other mind-altering chemicals are accepted for evaluation and chemical dependency treatment at Las Encinas Behavioral Hospital in Pasadena. Our chemical dependency program provides medically monitored inpatient detoxification, while continued rehabilitation is available through our residential recovery center and intensive outpatient programs.
Las Encinas delivers a structured framework in which a patient's progress is monitored and stimulated throughout the course of care. Treatment services provided through our chemical dependency program include:
- An assessment/detoxification phase, usually lasting three to seven days (a medical and psychological stabilizing period which frees each patient from alcohol and drugs).
- Individualized treatment planning utilizing laboratory testing, psychological and psychiatric evaluations, and other clinical assessments.
- An intensive inpatient program with individual and group therapy and therapeutic community interaction.
- Education in living skills, such as non-chemical coping, relaxation techniques, problem solving, assertiveness, nutrition and personal health and fitness.
- Orientation of the patient and their families to self-help groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Alon, Cocaine Anonymous and other supportive resources. These meetings are held at our hospital every week and patients are encouraged to attend.
- Intensive family-therapy programs to provide loved ones with a greater understanding of their role in the recovery process.
- Assistance with the transition back to the community and aftercare treatment with follow-up, which is included at no extra charge. We provide referrals to self-help groups, private practitioners, sober-living facilities and other outpatient community-based resources.
Chemical Dependency Treatment Team
We believe a team approach is the most effective way to deliver quality substance abuse and addiction care. A patient’s treatment team may be comprised of an internist/addictionologist, psychologist, family therapist, certified chemical dependency counselor and dietitian, as well as psychiatric nurses, occupational and recreational therapists, and multidisciplinary specialists in chemical dependency. This group of medical professionals offers not only their clinical expertise and experience, but also a high level of care and compassion for those trying to recover from chemical dependency.
Referrals to Our Chemical Dependency Program
Private and confidential assessments and referral information are provided at no charge, 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the Las Encinas Behavioral Hospital's intake department. For information about any of our adult programs or services, or to schedule an assessment, please call 800-792-2345.