Individuals dependent on, abusing or addicted to alcohol, amphetamines, barbiturates, cocaine, narcotics, tranquilizers or prescription medications and other mind-altering chemicals are accepted for evaluation and treatment at Las Encinas Hospital. The Chemical Dependency Program offers medically monitored hospital inpatient detoxification. Continued treatment and rehabilitation is available through our residential treatment center and intensive outpatient programs.
An integrated Treatment Team approach provides a structured framework in which the patient's progress is monitored. The treatment team may typically be comprised of an internist/addictionologist, psychologist, family therapist, chemical dependency counselor, psychiatric nurses, dietitian, occupational and recreational therapists and multidisciplinary specialists in chemical dependency.
Treatment services provided include:
- Assessment/Detoxification phase, usually lasting three to seven days, (a medical and psychological stabilizing period which frees each patient from alcohol and drugs)
- Individualized treatment planning occurs utilizing laboratory testing, psychological and psychiatric evaluations, and other clinical evaluations.
- Intensive inpatient program of individual and group therapy and therapeutic community interaction.
- Intensive family therapy programs to provide family members with a greater understanding of their role in the recovery process.
- Needed living skills such as non-chemical coping, relaxation techniques, problem solving, assertiveness training, nutrition, and maintaining personal health and fitness.
- Orientation of the patient and their families to self-help groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Alon, Cocaine Anonymous and other supportive resources. These meetings are provided at the Hospital and the patients are encouraged to attend.
- Assistance with the transition back to the community and after care treatment with follow-up which is included at no extra charge. Referrals are made to self-help groups, private practitioners, sober living facilities and other outpatient community based resources.
We believe a team approach is the most effective method to deliver quality care. The treatment team is led by an addictionologist and often includes a licensed therapist, nurse, recreational therapist, clinical social worker, and certified drug counselor. The treatment team offers not only their clinical expertise and experience, but also their concern and compassion.
Private and confidential assessments and referral information are provided at no charge 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the Las Encinas Hospital's Intake Department. For information about any of our Adult Programs or Services or to schedule an assessment, please call 1-800-792-2345. Additional services available onsite, provide a comprehensive continuum of care.