Las Encinas Hospital and Recovery Center in Pasadena, California, offers a full range of behavioral health services for adults experiencing mental health problems, such as depression, anxiety and psychotic disorders. We also treat co-occurring disorders, which generally refers to mental health issues that occur simultaneously with chemical dependency. Our facility has multiple inpatient treatment units for voluntary patients, as well as separate units for involuntary patients, and provides intensive outpatient programs (IOP) and partial hospitalization programs (PHP) for those who don’t need consistent monitoring.
Inpatient Mental Health Treatment
Inpatient treatment at Las Encinas is designed to provide rapid stabilization in a carefully structured, safe and medically appropriate environment. Our adult inpatient program offers close supervision for patients who need hospitalization because their medical or emotional state could put them or others at risk of harm. An individualized treatment plan is provided for each patient, which is founded on an interdisciplinary team approach.
Each patient’s treatment team is led by a psychiatrist and may also include a licensed therapist, psychiatric nurse, activity/recreational therapist, clinical social worker and additional mental health professionals, such as a chemical-dependency counselor or dietitian, if necessary. During the course of inpatient mental health treatment, group therapy and activities are provided for individuals admitted to the hospital for psychiatric illness, as well as co-occurring disorders. Patients also have the opportunity to work with a psychologist who is affiliated with Las Encinas Hospital while they are receiving inpatient treatment.
What Can a Patient Expect from Our Inpatient Treatment Program?
- A full schedule – groups, educational events and activities seven days a week
- Psychiatric evaluation within 24 hours of admission
- Medical evaluation within 24 hours of admission
- One year of free attendance to weekly aftercare groups – these focus on easing the transition from hospital to home, work and social environments
- Family involvement, when possible
- Individualized treatment plans
- Four therapy groups per day, including psycho-education, chemical dependency, process and recreational activity groups
- Facilitation by professional therapists, psychologists and chemical dependency counselors
- Encouragement for families to attend at least one 45-minute family therapy session to address issues of immediate concern and plan for follow-up treatment
- Additional family therapy groups, if arranged by Case Management or a therapist
To learn more about our adult inpatient mental health services, please contact us. If you are considering seeking care for a mental health condition, call our assessment staff at 626-798-9901 to schedule an evaluation.