Psychiatric Services for Adults
Aurora Las Encinas Hospital in Pasadena, California offers a full range of behavioral health services for adults experiencing problems such as depression, anxiety, psychotic disorders and co-occurring disorders including chemical dependency. Inpatient treatment units for voluntary patients and separate units for involuntary patients are available. Intensive outpatient (IOP) and partial hospitalization programs (PHP) are also offered.
Inpatient treatment at Las Encinas is designed to provide rapid stabilization in a carefully structured, safe, medically appropriate environment. Inpatient treatment offers close supervision for patients who are in need of hospitalization due to their medical or emotional status. An individualized treatment plan is provided for each patient, which includes an interdisciplinary team approach. The treatment team is led by a psychiatrist and may include a licensed therapist, psychiatric nurse, activity/recreational therapist, clinical social worker, and mental health workers. Group therapies and activities are provided for patients receiving treatment for psychiatric disorders as well as co-occurring disorders. Many patients also chose to work with one of the psychologists affiliated with Las Encinas Hospital while they are in treatment.
Benefits of Inpatient Program:
- Full schedule of groups, educational events and activities 7 days a week
- Psychiatric evaluation within 24 hours of admission
- Medical evaluation within 24 hours of admission
- Interdisciplinary treatment team approach with Psychiatrist, physician, adjunctive therapist, social workers; and, as needed, a chemical dependency counselor or dietitian.
- One-year of free aftercare groups are offered weekly. The focus of the groups is to ease the transition from hospital to home, work, and social environment.
- Family involvement is encouraged when possible
What can a patient expect from the Inpatient Treatment Program?
- Individualized treatment plan
- Patients receive four therapy groups per day, including psycho-education, chemical dependency, process, and recreational activity groups
- Groups are facilitated by professional therapists, psychologists and chemical dependency counselors.
- Families are encouraged to attend at least one, 45 minute family therapy session to address issues of immediate concern and plans for follow-up treatment
- Family Therapy groups are also available as arranged by Case Management and or Therapist.
Treatment Team Roles
- Meets with the patient every day to assess progress.
- Coordinates treatment with nursing staff and case managers.
- Available to answer specific questions or concerns that cannot be addressed by the case manager.
- Monitors the patient’s daily needs and safety.
- Provides medication and follow up medication education.
- Educates patients about disease processes.
- Assists family/patient with discharge plans and follow-up care.
- Facilitates communication between psychiatrist and family.
- Arranges family sessions with a hospital therapist.
- Provides referrals for follow-up care such as counseling, support groups, twelve-step resources, Partial Hospitalization (PHP) or Intensive Outpatient (IOP).
Following inpatient hospitalization, adult patients can continue treatment in one of the Partial Hospitalization (PHP) or Intensive Outpatient (IOP) programs available at Aurora Las Encinas Hospital.
Private and confidential assessments and referral information are provided at no charge 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Aurora Las Encinas Hospital. For information about any of our Adult Programs or Services or to schedule an assessment, please call 1-800-792-2345.