We would like to thank you for your interest in our program. Let us explain our philosophy in the treatment of chemical dependency and related disorders. We believe that alcohol and drug addiction includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Is an illness as defined by the American Medical Association
- Is progressive and a potentially fatal illness
- Is a predisposed, genetic condition that requires complete abstinence of addictive chemicals
- That recovery is a lifetime commitment
- That by treating the addict/ alcoholic and the family, we treat the whole illness
- That by following the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, a person can find a new meaning in life without the use of mind altering substances
- That by providing abstinence based community support groups onsite, we ease the transition to a substance free life
Our program is designed to educate the patient and the family about the disease of addiction. Some of the areas we cover are:
- Alcohol and Drug Addiction
- The Dynamics of Change
- Codependency / Relationships
- Self Esteem
- Stress and Anger Management
Our program accommodates the person requiring medical detoxification (inpatient) as well as the person that qualifies for one of our outpatient programs. Inpatient admission consist of 24 hour medically supervised care that promotes a safe transition from withdrawal to restored health. After the completion of the detoxification phase, based upon eligibility, the person may decide to enter into one of our outpatient programs. Outpatient schedules may allow the person to fulfill their occupation and fulfill family obligations. We also have educational support groups for family members and loved ones of the recovering person. These groups promote communication and understanding based on up-to-date knowledge which can provide the stimulus for greater creative expression and care within the concerned relationships.
At present, our program meets twice weekly for ourt family meetings and provides instruction and a positive environment for change for recovering persons and their families.
- Wednesdays, Recovery Lecture 6:00p.m. -7:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, Mutli-Family Group Therapy 6:00 pm. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturdays, Family BBQ & Group Therapy to Ask Your Questions
We believe a team approach is the most effective method to deliver quality care. The treatment team is led by an addictionologist and often includes a licensed therapist, nurse, recreational therapist, clinical social worker, and certified drug counselor. The treatment team offers not only their clinical expertise and experience, but also their concern and compassion.
Private and confidential assessments and referral information are provided at no charge 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the Las Encinas Hospital's Intake Department. For information about any of our Adult Programs or Services or to schedule an assessment, please call 1-800-792-2345. Additional services available onsite, provide a comprehensive continuum of care.